Aldermaston History Group was founded in 2018 to advance the understanding and sharing of historical information, photos and artefacts about the Aldermaston area.
Aldermaston History Online Website
The first major project undertaken by the Group was to secure a Heritage Lottery Fund grant for £10,000 to build a website. We were successful and won the grant in February 2019 and the website went live in September 2019. The website remains a major on-going project for the group.
Join the Newsletter Mailing List
The activities undertaken by the group are:
- maintain the Aldermaston History Online website
- develop an online archive for members of additional physical material
- hold meetings to discuss the history of Aldermaston
- talks on relevant historical topics
- involvement with Heritage Open Days (mid-September)
- other events
The Aldermaston History Group was founded in February 2018 with funds left over from the village celebrations for the Queen’s 90th birthday. As part of these celebrations a group of enthusiasts had put together an exhibition of local history in the Parish Hall in June 2017 and they all agreed that the leftover funds should support a project to create a village digital archive. The rest, as they say, is HISTORY!